It was a beautiful experience to travel all the way to South Korea and Japan with colleagues and acquaintances and most importantly your own self. The best part was that people from different walks of life had joined and we stayed together day and night. Design discussions, last moment plans, workshops, cycling and much more was something priceless. Japan has influenced me a lot. I’m keen to study Tadao Ando and other Japanese Architects. The trip was a lifetime experience for me in all respect. I would like to thank you for giving me this opportunity.
The biggest learning from the tour was that optimum is the key towards sustainable design. Be it the space, the materials, the construction technique, or human resource, they excel in getting the best out of everything. Team work is most important. Punctuality is indispensable and one must be self sufficient.
Best five moments :-
(Not in order of importance)
- The endless discussions and a nap under the star lit sky on the beach with new found friends. A evening to remember.
- The entry to Tama Art University Library. An amazing project by Toyo Ito. The feel of the space was magical.
- The crazy cycling throughout the day on the Naoshima island. No wonder it is the art island.
Best five projects.
- Tama Art University Library
- Shigeru Ban exhibition @ Gallery Maa.
- Museum of Wood Culture
- Teshima Art Museum
e. Nakagin Capsule Tower